Here’s a commercial that takes the viewer on an emotional roller-coaster to promote the Google Earth brand:
- So we start with a 5 year old boy who falls asleep next to his brother on a train, only to wake up alone on a train chugging down the tracks to nowhere (sadness, pity, anger).
- Then he’s adopted by a nice family (relief).
- Then Saroo talks about reading the map of India on his wall every day, trying to zero in on his village. Everyone tells him he’s looking for a needle in a haystack (so many emotions, depending on what you take from this — anger, determination, etc.)
- He talks of seeing the flashes of his family from when he was a boy (again, so many emotions to choose from — we all have flashes from our youth, be they happy, sad, or indifferent.)
- Then BOOM! Google Earth to the rescue. Finally Saroo can actually use his memory to identify his boyhood village — hallelujah!
- Saroo goes back home and sees his family once again.
I got a very warm, wonderful feeling right in my heart at the end of the video. How about you?