Entrepreneurship is not just about hard work. It’s also about having new ideas and making them happen if you really want to go from ‘OK’ to ‘Wow’. Learning from the most brilliant business minds is definitely a good starting point to get in the right frame of mind and to uncover the attitudes, business approaches and philosophical insights of those leaders.
To celebrate entrepreneurship, Funding Circle, a UK and US platform for investors and small business owners, has curated hundreds of quotes about business leaders to create a dynamic infographic with unique caricatures of the top 100 business minds selected.
The creative piece is nicely illustrated by Jordi Machi and includes leaders from an array of industries and profiles. From John D. Rockefeller to Madonna, Rupert Murdoch to Jamie Oliver, Steve Jobs to J. K. Rowling, here are some of our favourite inspirational sayings:
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible”, Walter Disney, co-founder of The Walt Disney Company.
- “When you enchant people, your goal is not to make money from them or to get them to do what you want, but to fill them with great delight”, Guy Kawasaki, board member of Wikimedia Foundation.
- “I’ve only had two rules: Do all you can and do it the best you can. It’s the only way you ever get that feeling of accomplishing something”, Colonel Sanders, founder of KFC.
- “It is our choices… that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities”, J.K Rowling, writer.
- “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over”, Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group.
- “There’s three types of people in the world: Those who don’t know what happened; those who wonder what happened; and people like us from the streets that MAKE things happen!”, Dr Dre, founder of Aftermath Ent. & Beats Electronics.
What are yours? Get inspired and share your thoughts with us on the comments below.