I guarantee Marie’s tip won’t work on every member of your team but her formula for keeping herself and her team happy is pretty epic nonetheless:
Using the Love Languages to Cultivate a Happier and More Connected Team:
- Some people need to spend quality time with people in order to bond.
- Some need words of affirmation to feel valuable within a team.
- Some need acts of service (ie., bringing them a coffee or doughnut from the break room or taking on some of their workload when they’re busy).
- Some like receiving gifts (hey, who doesn’t). I kinda feel like this type of person would be of the more superficial type, but hey: who am I to judge?
- Some need physical touch to feel connected. Can’t lie, touchy-feely types creep me out!
What do you think? Just a bunch of silly hocus pocus or can this really work?