Here’s a recent list of some up-and-coming mobile marketing trends to watch out for in the coming year:
Plenty to get excited about in the coming months/years:
- Wearable Tech: We’re seeing this everywhere, from Google Glass to the Sony Smartwatch 2.o, to wearable devices that can tell you what foods you’re allergic to by monitoring your pulse and blood pressure. So exciting!
- App Extensions: Love the widgetized apps that are flooding the smartphone and tablet space right now. Crossing my fingers that the Chrome Browser will soon come with an email notification center that allows multiple sign ins like on Android!
- Android Explosion: 1-billion users worldwide. If only Google would allow more customization so you can turn off the bloody apps you don’t want to use — without having to hack the phone and risk “bricking” it.
- Mobile Payment Processing: This is exciting indeed. From Apple Pay to Google Wallet, and all the credit card companies backing certain app providers to offer payment via smartphone. This is good for buyers and sellers and will cause multiple storefront banks to close their doors, leaving just a few select branches open for dealing with loans and administrative functions.
- App Unbundling: This sort of goes along with the extensions trend, but yes from a marketing standpoint, the more often you can “remind” a customer of who you are via numerous apps, reminders, etc., the easier your brand building efforts will be, right.
Share your own ideas about any trends you don’t see listed that might take the mobile marketing industry by storm.