“I want to be a leader!”
Many people say that but they don’t really know how to be one. Why? Quite simple: It’s because they don’t know what a great leader actually do. Or, to put it in another way, they don’t know what make a good leader great.
Let’s have Brendon explain this topic better, as he is clearly the expert in this. In fact, he wrote a book called The Student Leadership Guide back in 2001 for his graduate studies work.
The content of the book has helped top schools and major corporations to answer this question: “What to do to influence, impact and lead others.”
The framework is called E6 – what is it?
Pretty inspiring. So, to recap, the six E’s are:
- Envision: What should tomorrow look like for my life/business? What is it look like when you turn your dream into reality?
- Enlist: Great leaders ask others to get involved in envisioning what the future looks like.
- Embody: Show others what you are believing in and how you do it to move toward what you envision.
- Empower: You delegate and trust others to achieve the common goals.
- Evaluate: The hardest thing to do in leadership, but crucial.
- Encourage: You need to light people up to pursue your mission – on daily basis.
Here’s your takeaway from Brendon: “Are you still there? Do you still stand for it? If you do, you become a LEGEND.“