Even if you’re sick of hearing about America’s largest fast food juggernaut, thinking you know everything there is to know about them, you’ll still learn a shocking fact or two in the following video:
First, the term “McJob” is a little harsh in this day and age, right? There are several employers out there who deserve a defamatory moniker labeling them as a sub-par employer, but McD’s isn’t one of them. They offer minimum wage or better in most countries, medical benefits, drug coverage, and upward mobility opportunities to the corporate side of the business. I once worked for a man who worked his way to the top of corporate here in Canada, who started out working the counter in a small town, and within a few years he was running the show — put in control of opening many of the first overseas franchises when the restaurant first went international.
Not a bad gig and your chances at a great career are better than winning the lottery!
Some other interesting facts:
- The arches are more recognizable than the holy cross.
- The military is responsible for the drive-thru model. Didn’t know this myself.
- Using lawsuits as a marketing tool?
- Employee fired for giving out free cheese. Reprehensible, but it could happen anywhere.
- McLobster? Could be good, but the quality wouldn’t be good, right? Lobster needs to be fresh to taste good. Can only imagine the preservative content in one of those.
- Red Bean Pie in Hong Kong
What was your favorite?
Don’t forget to share with your friends and coworkers.