In this video, Rand Fishkin answers some tough questions from David Jenyns of melbourneSEOservices.com gracefully, and his answers can guide you through 2015 with the right digital marketing plans.
So, here are top digital marketing trends for 2015 we can learn from Rand:
- SEO becomes a part of holistic digital marketing – an important part, that is.
- Branding is the new SEO. Your brand image will amplify your SEO efforts.
- Email marketing is far from dead: Amplify email marketing with SEO, social media and blog publishing will rock your business
- SEO and content marketing must co-exist. Walking alone is dangerous.
- SEO is not a profession; it’s a skill and expertise. Get over it.
- Optimize for mobile traffic. People are looking what they need NOW – if you are not there, bummer.
- You ain’t seen nothing yet about Google+
- Be where your audience is. If yours is on Pinterest, be there; if yours on Facebook, be there.
If you noticed, the last 2 items above seem not related to SEO; but again, social media platforms are important in sending in traffic, as well as bringing in the link baiting opportunities – which all great for boosting your site’s presence in search engine (the real SEO in action.)
So, what trends do you spot for digital marketing in 2015? Please share your insight.