This post is all about epic quotes from regular people who’ve found their own idea of true happiness in their life.
I hope each of you finds some words to get you revved up and inspired today!
1. “Each of us is called to do something in the name of love, to make sure that humanity comes to understand itself and is able to choose love over fear.” — Robert Holden
2. “Don’t let the choice that you didn’t make weigh you down.” — Eric Eisenberg
3. “Once you realize how valuable you are, you will find it hard to keep the company of those who do not.” — Brian G. Jett
4. “We can become prisoners of ourselves. One must dig tunnels to escape one’s own mind. We get just this one life. We have to stop doing time and live out our lives like we planned in our youth. No matter where we are, or how old, we can always reach for our dreams.” — Miles Patrick Yohnke
5. “I am learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten my peace of mind, self respect, or self growth.” — Lauren Covington
6. “Stay positive always, even if you run out of reasons to be optimistic.” — Kiplimo Chemirmir
7. “Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dreams. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.” — Lao Tzu
8. “Don’t make excuses, make improvements.” — Tyra Banks
9. “It is not the time which needs to be managed; it is ourselves.” — Unknown
10. “In the art of democracy, anyone can blame or fame the system but the mission / vision of any system shall be accomplished only if the state of two minds transformed each other with the positive approach.” — Chinnappan Baskar
11. “It’s not enough to buy a tee shirt or some shoes. To change the world you need put on some work boots and pick up a shovel.” — Mike Satterfield
12. “Originality will always catch the attention of a good critic whether you’re striving for success or living proof of success. Be yourself! Stay Original!” — Leiby Acosta
13. “Try to see the world through the eyes of a child. Eyes that are not yet cynical or skeptical. Eyes that marvel at everything they see. The lessons we learn from children about life are much more important than the lessons we teach them. Think happy thoughts.” — Leslie Reiki
14. “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” — Tecumseh
15. “It is strange that we know so little about what good most people do. The most humbling thought ever is that someone is always thinking about you, whether you are here or have passed on, someone is always thinking about you. This is the single most powerful understanding in life that I have come to know.” — Matthew Price
16. “Don’t give up because things are hard, but work harder, when you think of giving up.” — Anthony Liccione
17. “When the middle is well and good, the past is repaired and the future is prepared.” — Mable Murray Canty
18. “You are what you say and think daily, if only you keep at it. Great men always have a starting point, from their heart via their lips to their lives.” — Bassey Ndon
19. “If life becomes hard, soften it with random acts of kindness.” — Michael Levy
20. “If I don’t keep myself inspired, encouraged, uplifted, joyful, connected, cognizant, who will? That’s why I do what I do. I don’t want to wait for a savior; they may never come. I’m the creator of my life and I know I’m deserving of great things and inspiring energy. I have my eyes planted on progression and evolution. Learn to enjoy the journey – it is exhilarating when you embrace it fully.” — Brittany Josephina
21. “Life is like a ocean; sometimes calm and sometimes stormy but still It has beauty.” — Mp Kumawat
22. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” — Abhishek Shukla
“It is very important for everyone to have smiled at a stranger, to have helped somebody they will never see again, to have done something kind and/ or nice for somebody with no strings attached, and to have loved somebody unconditionally. There will always come a time, sooner or later, when each of us will feel that we have nothing left to give to this world, or that that this world has everything and does not need anything more from us. At that time, only if we have done the above, will we be able to believe that this world is still capable of smiling at us, helping us, being kind and nice to us, and above all, is capable of loving us.” — D.M.
23. “I always welcome obstacles and try to solve them in an awesome manner. Never treat obstacles as problems but treat them as a game and in the such game, play like a Winner because YOU DESERVE IT.” — Amit Mane
24. “Be the motivation, not the distraction.” — Robert Hill Sr.
25. “I keep remembering one of my Guru’s teachings about happiness. She says that people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you’re fortunate enough. But that’s not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it, you must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it. If you don’t you will eat away your innate contentment. It’s easy enough to pray when you’re in distress but continuing to pray even when your crisis has passed is like a sealing process, helping your soul hold tight to its good attainments.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
Number 25 really resonated with me today. So true how most of the people you meet tend to attribute happiness to a stroke of luck that befalls some, but eludes most.
What was/is your personal favorite? Do share…
Main Image Credit: Satpal Singh/Flickr