LinkedIn is the most professional and widely-used social networks for business professionals:
Takeaway tips from the video:
- Create a company page: http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/710/~/adding-a-company-page
- Make sure your profile is complete and optimized for search engines.
- Post content regularly — content that’s relevant to the people you’re trying to engage with.
- Make lots of connections — it is a social network after all!
- Promote your page with other web properties — also make sure you link to your profile with all your business correspondence.
- Try to get testimonials from satisfied customers and/or employers to post on your profile — make sure you pay it forward and recommend others whenever you can.
- Advertise — your products, services, employment resume.
- Participate in targeted LinkedIn groups with people who share your professional interests — get creative to find the right people.
- Create groups of your own to build your reputation and build credibility in your industry.
- Use introductions and inmail to connect with people — I can’t personally attest to the effectiveness of this feature; you do have to pay for this feature, but it looks promising: i.e., the comment in the video about “less spam.”
How’s LinkedIn been to you in helping to grow your business?
Interesting that LinkedIn has a 2% higher conversion rate for lead gen than Twitter or Facebook. Surprising to me that Facebook is lower than Twitter too!