This short clip is jam-packed with some of the most hilarious O’Leary one-liners and outright insults to startups ever uttered on the show:
Some of my favorites:
- “We’re spanking him like a baby seal!”
- “We’re going to put that in my museum of ideas that are really bad and kill people.”
- “Thank you for your time. I need to go make some money now. Please leave.”
- (To a group of children) “Now you kids are seeing what life’s really like: In the end, it’s all about the money — all the time.”
- “I’ll let you in on a secret: Everybody calls me Mr. Wonderful.”
- “Barbara, if you screw this up for me, I’m gonna spank you like a baby seal!”
- “I like to have people like you doing all the work so I can sit at home eating Bon Bons.”
- “Turn around and get outta here.”
- (Cruel, but not shocking) “If a cat ever gave me a problem and I was in a high apartment, I’d have no problem…”
- “What are you thanking us for?”
Which O’Learyism is your favorite?
Answer to the title question: The last thing any startup business wants is to be on the other end of one of these O’Learyisms while millions worldwide are watching!